So you have finally done it! You found a new apartment and moved in. Moving into a new home is incredibly exciting. You have a blank canvas in front of you, waiting for you to unleash your creativity. You are going to spend quite some time in your new place, so surely you want to make it cozy and inviting. But the move totally drained you, and now you are all out of ideas. No need to worry any further, this is where our team from one of the best moving companies Orange County comes to the rescue. We’ve prepared a couple of tips and tricks that will make your new apartment more comfortable.
Get the junk out of your way
Your trustworthy movers Tustin CA got all of your belongings to your new apartment. You’ve unpacked and everything is in crisp condition, but now cardboard boxes, packing paper, and bubble wrap are all around your home. There is no point in avoiding the mess, you must get the junk out of your way ASAP so that your home can feel comfortable.
Before you decorate, do a throughout clean of your new apartment. While cleaning, you will become familiar with every nook and cranny. Also, you might stumble upon some things that you’ll need to fix or replace. There are a couple of different things you can do with leftover moving boxes. Instead of throwing your moving boxes away, try to find a good purpose so that you can reuse them.
Have fun with your walls
It’s completely natural to not feel comfortable in your new apartment, especially when white, blank walls are surrounding you. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of creative ways to paint your new apartment nowadays, so it will be easy to make it feel like home. Here are a couple of our absolute favorites:
- Ombre effect – It’s a simple painting technique and it won’t take you much time. Start at the top of your wall with the darkest shade and finish with the lightest. Blend carefully, so that you get a smooth transition.
- Accent wall – If you are feeling a bit lazy, you can paint one accent wall to spice things up. And if you are feeling super adventurous, you can use wallpaper instead of paint.
- Chalkboard wall – Painting one of your walls with chalkboard paint is an incredibly fun way to transform your new home. You can easily draw on it, and you can write your daily to-do lists.
- Stripes – Stripes will never go out of style, and there are countless ways you can use them to decorate your walls. You can add a simple stripe at the top of your wall to add depth to the room, or you can paint bold stripes with contrasting colors for a striking visual effect.
- Paint a mural – A mural is one of the best ways to make your new apartment unique. If you are a creative individual, you will surely enjoy this task. And if you are not feeling like you can’t paint a whole art piece, you can stick to an inspirational quote.
Make your new apartment more comfortable with the perfect lighting
Lighting is a powerful tool that can instantly transform a room. The right lighting will turn your bland apartment into a cozy home. Try to avoid sharp single overhead lights. Instead, add at least three decorative lighting sources to each room. You can use string lights for a bohemian vibe, or you can use neon lights to add a pop of color to your home.
Put your sentimental items on display
Now that you’ve painted the walls and you choose the perfect lighting for your new home, you can move to your personal items. Displaying objects that have sentimental value will immediately make the apartment feel like home. Therefore, take out the photos with your family and friends. You can hang them in cute photo frames, or you can use magnets to stick them to the fridge. Seeing photos of your loved ones will make you feel comforted and safe. Next, fill up your shelf with your favorite books, old diaries, and scrapbooks. Putting your sentimental items on display can help you feel emotionally connected to your new apartment.
Cook your favorite meal
If you are not sure what room to unpack first, consider starting with your kitchen. And now that the furniture movers Orange County brought all of your kitchen appliances to your new place, you can start unpacking them. Set up your kitchen as soon as possible, so that you can enjoy your dearest meals. One of the best ways to make your new apartment more comfortable is to fill it up with the smells of your favorite food. Go get your shopping bag, buy all the ingredients and start cooking!
Make everything feel cozy
Everyone wants to feel safe and cozy in their own space. It doesn’t take much to make your home feel inviting, and you probably have some things you will need to make it as cozy as possible. First, you need blankets, lots of them. Get yourself some nice quality blankets to throw over your sofa and bed. Add throw pillows and warm rugs to make your place feel warm and cuddly. Put up a candle, or two, to fill up your new home with a scent you adore. It’s proven that plants can make you feel better. So, bounce to the local flower shop and pick a couple of plants to add to your new place.
Throw a housewarming party
Last, organize a housewarming party. It’s a fun way to share your new place with your family and friends. Also, this is an amazing opportunity to meet your new neighbors. Your new apartment will feel like home once you’ve hosted a party with some of your favorite people.
These tips and tricks are sure to make your new apartment more comfortable. So, go find yourself some blankets, a good reading, and get cozy!