Packing is one of the most overwhelming tasks in the whole relocation process. No matter what you are packing, it requires a lot of planning. There are many things to think about, from purchasing packing supplies to packing techniques you should use, especially when packing wooden furniture. Packing furniture is one of the main elements of your move. There’s nothing more frustrating than seeing your wooden furniture broken or damaged. To avoid damaging your wooden furnishings, you should find a way to protect them. Don’t know how to? No worries. Based on the years of experience, best Moving Companies Orange County CA, prepared for you a list of the best techniques to pack wooden furniture when moving. With these tips, your furniture will arrive safe and secure at the final destination of your move.
Plan how to move your wooden furniture
Planning is the key to a successful relocation. So, before you start packing, make a moving plan. Here are some guidelines to make the packing easier:
- Make an inventory list of your furnishings: this list will help you declutter your furniture
- Make a floor plan of your new home: if it is too difficult for you to decide what to leave out, then declutter based on the floor plan.
- Measure the doorways, hallways, (narrow) staircases
- Disassemble your furniture
- Make a list of packing supplies
- Think about the ways to pack wooden furniture when moving
- Plan how to load your wooden furniture on the moving truck
- Use a professional moving service: wooden furniture should be handled with special care, especially antiques.
- Choose the right size of the truck
How to disassemble your wooden furniture
Before you start packing, it’s important to disassemble your furniture for easier handling and carrying. Disassemble the furniture that cannot fit through the hallways, stairways, or any other place where your furniture needs to fit through. The items that should be disassembled are beds, cabinets, tables, desks, and other large furniture. Wonder how? If you have a manufacturer’s manual, use it. If not, dismantle it yourself. First, remove all furniture legs, handles, casters, finials, and other small pieces. It’s recommendable to take photos of disassembling to put the pieces back together. After you’ve removed all the bolts, nuts, handles, and wheels – put them in an envelope or plastic box and label them. Also, pack and mark the tools for reassembling. If you are not sure how to properly dismantle the furniture, you can ask your furniture movers Orange County to help you.
What packing supplies to use to pack wooden furniture when moving
Packing wooden furniture is almost the same as packing fragile items. They both require highly protective moving supplies. If you are going to pack your items yourself, here’s what you need:
- Stretch wrap: use it to pack large parts of the furniture and furniture with drawers
- Bubble wrap: use different sizes of bubble wrap to protect the most delicate wooden furniture, such as antiques. Pay attention to putting the side with bubbles inside
- Wrapping paper
- Card box: inevitable packing supply on every moving list. Here you can pack smaller parts of the wooden furniture that you disassembled.
- Packaging tape: usually used for mirrors, drawers, or furniture doors. However, use it only for taping the paper or bubble wrap. Do not put the tape directly on the furniture since it can damage the wood.
- Pads or blankets: wrap the most fragile items in a blanket and use cushions in between
- Foam bags and inserts: they are usually waterproof. You can use them to protect your wooden furniture from moisture
- Layered and corrugated cardboard: use it for delicate furniture parts
Wood pieces require extra care, so try avoiding packing them by yourself. Instead, use packing services and let the professionals handle the packing. This way, you’ll ensure the safety of your wooden furniture, and you’ll save a lot of time and money as well. If you need professional packing materials, you can use our moving supplies Orange County CA. We offer a wide range of moving supplies at affordable prices.
How to pack your wooden furniture when moving? Wrap it well.
According to our movers Anaheim, the best way to pack your wooden furniture when moving is to wrap it. It is the key to protecting your items during the move. To protect your furnishings the best, enfold them with stretch wrap or blankets. Wrap the entire circumference but also cover the top and bottom.
Layers of wrapping protection
Wooden furniture requires expertise in packing, especially antique wooden furniture. You certainly don’t want your wooden items to be scratched, broken, or moisturized. In order to avoid all these, consider adding multiple protective layers. There are three basic layers of protection and a special layer when loading the furniture into a moving truck:
- Surface protection – use cloths or blankets for protection from dust, scratches, and moisture but avoid bubble wrap and taping directly on the surface.
- Protection from bumps, vibration, and other impacts – secure the corners, doors, and drawers with package cushioning
- Main protection layer – use foam wrap, wrapping paper, and bubble wrap in the end
- Load protection layer – use corrugated cardboard, foam bags, cushions between the furniture when loading into a moving truck
How to pack your wooden furniture in a truck
Packing your wooden furniture is not over when you prepare it and wrap it. Still, there’s one more packing left – packing and loading your furniture into a moving truck. Scan the truck, measure its size, and plan how to arrange your furniture in it. However, if you hire professional movers, you won’t have to deal with it. They will do that for you.
Pack wooden furniture when moving using professional packing services
Although you can pack wooden furniture yourself, it’s better to have professional help around. This way, you’ll not only prevent damage but also save both time and money. If you want to use professional packing services, contact Familly Affair Moving to help you. Our trained and experienced professionals are well acquainted with the process of packing wooden furniture when moving. We can guarantee you that your furniture items will be packed with care, so they arrive safe and sound at the final destination.